For Immediate Release
Irvine, CA: Bright Bear Technology Solutions, Inc., a provider of technology support and consulting, announced the successful completion of its first System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Type II audit. The audit undergone by Bright Bear was conducted in accordance with the AICPA SOC reporting standards. The audit was conducted by SSAE 16 Professionals, LLP, a CPA firm which performs IT compliance and Cybersecurity services.
“Bright Bear’s focus on strong internal controls is evident in this report,” says Tim Roncevich, Principal at SSAE 16 Professionals. “The successful completion of this audit is a testament to Bright Bear’s integrity, accountability, and its commitment to its clients.”
SOC 2 audits focus on controls at a service organization relevant to the following five Trust Services Principles and Criteria:
- Security: The system is protected against unauthorized access, use, or modification;
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed;
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized;
- Confidentiality: Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed; and
- Privacy: The system’s collection, use, retention, disclosure, and disposal of personal information are in conformity with the commitments in the service organization’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in the Generally Accepted Privacy Principles.
About Bright Bear Technology Solutions, Inc
Bright Bear Technology Solutions, Inc. was founded in 2009 in Irvine, California with the goal of using technology to move information to help people. While developing its own branded solutions for gateway security, ip telephony, asset tracking, and backup, Bright Bear began with a focus on small businesses and nonprofit organizations. The business grew substantially over the years and was selected by the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Initiative for mentoring and development. Today, Bright Bear has appeared on CRN Magazine’s MSP 500 list and Ingram Micro’s SMB 500 list, and is recognized as one of the top technology providers in North America.
About SSAE 16 Professionals, LLP
SSAE 16 Professionals is based in the United States, but serves clients around the globe. The firm’s leadership team has over 150 years of combined business management, operations and related information technology (IT) experience. SSAE 16 Professionals has performed over 1,000 SOC audits, and unlike most traditional CPA firms which focus on financial statement auditing and tax compliance, SSAE 16 Professionals focuses on cybersecurity and compliance related engagements. These engagements include, but are not limited to, SOC 1 Audits, SOC 2 Audits, SOC 3 Audits, SOC Readiness Assessments, ISO 27001 Assessments, PCI Compliance, HIPAA Compliance, HITRUST Compliance, Vulnerability Assessments, and Penetration Testing. For more information, please visit www.SSAE16Professionals.com.
# # #